This e-book is the offline version of the e-learning modules for teachers available on the School Support Platform
How can teachers and school staff be supported in managing multicultural environments?
Encouraging the inclusion process of migrant and/or refugee students from the earliest stages of their education is crucial to countering early school leaving. Schooling and support for improved school performance are among the best and most effective strategies for the inclusion of migrant communities. In this context, teachers and school staff increasingly need innovative and continuous training in managing multicultural environments and supporting migrant and/or refugee students. The project aims to promote the professional growth of teachers in managing diversity in the classroom and to strengthen the collaboration between members of the school community to counteract early school leaving of migrant students and refugees.
This handbook contains five modules:
- Mapping interculturality.
- Non-formal methodologies and approaches: how to foster multiculturalism.
- School and parenting in the countries of origin of migrant and refugee children.
- The use of Web 2.0 technology for enhancing learning in a multicultural classroom.
- Teaching non-native language students: methods and tools.