UNICEF published a report ‘A Right to be Heard: Listening to children and young people on the move’ which provides us with the information about the challenges and deprivations faced by young refugees and migrants. The online poll was answered by over 4000 refugees age from 14 to 24 from sending and hosting countries, and information were collected in past months from young people who identified them as migrants.
Some of the most important finding are:
- 67 per cent of respondents were forced to leave their countries
- 44 per cent of respondents left their home country alone
- 58 per cent of respondents reported having lost one or more years of school
- 49 per cent of respondents reported having not seen a doctor when needed
- 38 per cent of respondents have received no help from anyone – family, friends or institutions
In this document you can find more information on how the polling was conducted, the journey, voices of children and young people as well as key findings.