General conditions: Full-time Contract (local), based on Kosovo laws, with no expatriate benefits.
Position Start Date: January 2019;
Location of duty: Prishtina
Terre des hommes (Tdh) Albania & Kosovo is a non-profit making organization which has been operating for over 15 years in the field of child rights and child protection, leading the establishment and strengthening of a national child protection system in Kosovo. Terre des hommes’ area of expertise ranges from direct psycho-social interventions with vulnerable children and their family and community members, to empowerment of local, regional and national level governmental institutions and key stakeholders through capacity-building and on-the-job training in order to develop and implement proper child-sensitive structures, policies, standards and procedures. Terre des hommes Kosovo has 3 main programs of interventions: 1) Child Protection 2) Migration and Anti-Trafficking 3) Juvenile Justice.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As a representative of the Foundation in Kosovo, the Country Director leads and manages the team, the partnerships, all programmes carried out in the country and ensures its funding coverage. Under the supervision of Head of Multi-Country delegation Albania, Kosovo and Greece (Southern Europe) the Country Director (CD) will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and implementation of the Terre des hommes programs in Kosovo. The CD advises and assists the Head of Multi-Country delegation Southern Europe in the definition of programs, projects, operational and institutional strategies in line with Tdh’s global, regional strategy and policies. The CD has direct management responsibility and supervision over the program staff based on the organization’s organigram and is in charge of the overall financial and administrative management of the delegation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation, in collaboration with the Regional Office and Headquarters.
- Controls the application and supervision of signed agreements between Tdh and its partners and local/national authorities.
- Supervises the correct implementation of projects and develops advocacy strategies.
- Ensures the coaching of any collaborator under their responsibility, from the recruiting to the final collaboration reports. Uses the good practices so that their management respects the Fondation Terre des hommes values of Tdh. Applies and ensures the implementation of staff management policies within the delegation.
- Supervises the correct financial management of the delegation and the funds provided for it;
- In coordination with the Regional Office and Headquarters, directs the fundraising and the negotiations with funding partners present in the area of intervention;
- Fosters the correct communication and visibility of the projects and the foundation;
- Is responsible for the implementation of policies on security, child protection and fraud prevention;
- Ensures the good reputation of the foundation in the country;
- Develops synergies and partnerships with the rest of national and international actors present in the area;
- Ensures the correct flow of operational information within the delegation, with the Regional Office and with Headquarters (especially for institutional reporting).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree in relevant field, such as, Political Science, International Relations, Social Sciences and Social Work;
- At least 5 years of management experience, preferable in a similar position and with an International Organization;
- Recognized expertise in the field of child rights and child protection;
- Knowledge of migration, juvenile justice and social inclusion programs. Strong team leadership qualities;
- Extensive project management experience (management; planning; staff development and training skills);
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English. Desirable Albanian and other languages from the neighbouring countries.
How to apply:
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and to submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter in English
- Copy of ID
Application for this vacancy will be open from 14th of December, 2018 until the right candidate has been found.
Please include “Country Director for Kosovo, your name and surname” in the subject line.
Child Safeguarding policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.