TERRE DES HOMMES IN EUROPE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Hungary (Budapest), Albania, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, Ukraine and Greece. We work mainly in child protection, protection of children and youth in migration and access to justice. The Regional Office has been operating in Budapest since 2006.
Research shows that the Roma are among the populations at highest risk of exclusion, compounded by supplementary vulnerabilities when they migrate between EU MS. The main problem to be addressed by the project is the lack of coordination between schools in localities of origin and destination in ensuring non-disruptive compulsory education to Roma children on the move. Lack of coordination between education institutions, lack of concrete, adapted tools in working with Roma children on the move, often coupled with discriminatory attitudes towards the Roma constitute obstacles to the de facto guarantee of the right to compulsory education for Roma children engaged in migration.
The objective of the MISTO project is to promote the non-discriminatory integration of Roma children in the education system of the countries concerned by their migration, in particular:
- To create, with the support of national and local institutions, a mechanism for transnational cooperation of schools in providing non-disruptive compulsory education to Roma children on the move in 3 EU Member States (MS) – Romania, Spain and France;
- To strengthen the role of national and local authorities, and the capacity of education professionals to provide non-discriminatory, quality education to Roma children on the move in the 3 EU MS;
- To combat the negative representations of Roma among education professionals & the wide public by means of a child-led campaign which can be disseminated and replicated in other EU MS.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
As a partner in the MISTO project, Tdh Hungary is a leader of the Communication Workstream. To fulfill its role in the project, Tdh Hungary is looking for an external consultant for following communication related activities:
- Producing the project’s visual identity (logo, slogan, templates, promotional items);
- Graphic design of the Launch brochure for the project;
- Producing Project level communication strategy and related implementation plan;
- Providing framework for evaluation of communication activities;
- Providing support and guidance to the partners during the child-led campaigns aiming to combat negative representations of Roma among education professionals & the wide public.
PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANT
- Minimum 3 years of experience in communication related activities - producing project level communication strategies, graphic design and visual identity;
- Experience in working on EU funded projects;
- Experience in working on child protection related assignments;
- Experience in working with NGO sector will be considered as an asset;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate work with multiple partners;
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent knowledge of English language, knowledge of partner countries language will be considered an asset.
FIELD OF WORK
From distance, contractor will be expected to use tools for online communication and cooperation, including but not limited to Skype, GoToMeeting, ASANA.
The total value of the awarded contract will be EUR 4000-6000, VAT included.
As soon as possible. The deliverable deadlines will be discussed with the candidates who reach the second round of assessment.
Interested candidates should submit an offer comprising:
- An updated CV;
- Cover letter outlining key qualifications and required skills;
- Samples/references to previous similar projects, track record on the subject matter.
To apply please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “External Consultant for MISTO project” in the subject line of the application email.
Deadline for submission: April 26th 2019
Please note applications will be evaluated on the ongoing basis. Early applications are highly encouraged.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually.