Terre des hommes Mission in Kosovo is seeking to recruit a Head of the Program based in Kosovo.
General conditions: Employment Contract
Position Start Date: As soon as possible;
Duration of the Contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Location of duty: Prishtina
Terre des hommes (Tdh) Albania & Kosovo is a non-profit making organization which has been operating for over 15 years in the field of child rights and child protection, leading the establishment and strengthening of a national child protection system in Kosovo. Terre des hommes’ area of expertise ranges from direct psycho-social interventions with vulnerable children and their family and community members, to empowerment of local, regional and national level governmental institutions and key stakeholders through capacity-building and on-the-job training in order to develop and implement proper child-sensitive structures, policies, standards and procedures. Terre des hommes Kosovo has 3 main programs of interventions: 1) Child Protection 2) Migration and Anti-Trafficking 3) Juvenile Justice.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
S/he will provide overall coordination and quality implementation of project activities, and technical expertise in development and management of the project strategy. Ensure all project interventions are in line with principles, standards and approaches as outlined in the Tdh organization strategy and donor organization/country policies and provisions. To provide overall expertise planning, organization, implementation and reporting of programme activities under his/her responsibility. Guide the advocacy, research and contribute in strategic planning process of the organization. Liaise and nurture partnering relations with local, national and international stakeholders to contribute to the overall program goal of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Engage in planning, organization, implementation and reporting of the project activities under his/her responsibility;
• Provide technical expertise in planning, organization and reporting in project proposal developments and project implementation;
• Proactively explore funding opportunities in the area of responsibility;
• Contribute in overseeing implementation of project strategy and projects targets by ensuring planning and quality achievements of project objectives are met;
• Contribute in developing narrative reports and ensure they are submitted in timely manner meeting reporting requirements;
• Participate in development of evidence-based assessment reports, situational analysis and draft policy papers that enhance the organizational advocacy interventions in the area of responsibility;
• Contribute in identification of best practices, document knowledge and share lessons learnt in the area of child protection, including exchanging of experiences between Albania and Kosovo;
• Propose new ideas and actively engage with the team to introduce innovative approaches and interventions;
• Contribute in development of training modules and programs in her/his area of expertise;
• Facilitate and undertake training of trainers in the areas of expertise ;
• Contribute in development and implementation of relevant tools and mechanisms in the field of expertise and as required by the organization;
• Facilitate cross-learning and cross-fertilization between both countries among Tdh staff and professionals, sharing tools and strategies;
• Contribute in development of institutional partnerships with ministries, donors, universities and other key stakeholders in the area of child protection and social services;
• Contribute in development of advocacy strategy of Tdh Kosovo in the field of her/his area of expertise;
• Represent Tdh as and when needed, particularly to communities, partners and donors, with or on behalf of the Country Director Mission in Kosovo;
• Liaise and build a network with local, national and international stakeholders to enhance partnering opportunities in the area of responsibility and contribute to the overall advocacy agenda of the organization;
• Develop and foster a good coordination and collaboration among stakeholders;
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or Law is required
• At least 5 years of working experience in relevant fields,
• Strong skills in program coordination, proposal and report writing
• Knowledge in financial management is preferential;
• Ability to work independently with little direction from others as necessary
• Good communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, flexible world view and emotional maturity
• Ability to communicate effectively, present the program to donors and partners, write well and express technical issues in a sensitive manner.
• Excellent writing skills in English and Albanian
Child Safeguarding policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
How to apply:
All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply and to submit the following documents to email@example.com :
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
Application for this vacancy will be open from 11th of June 2020 until the right candidate has been found. Please include “Head of the Program” in the subject line.
* Before any hiring is made the applicant will submit:
• Three references filled in the TDH format that will be sent directly from TDH;
• Certificate of criminal background check from Kosovo Police;
• Certificate of background check from the Court;
• Certificate of medical report;
* Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.