Position Start Date: March 1, 2018 at last
Activity rate: 80-100% (to be negotiated)
Location: Lausanne or Budapest.
Application deadline: Terre des hommes (Tdh) does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
You will become part of a highly innovative team of Tdh - the leading Swiss child relief agency, committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. https://www.tdh.ch/en/what-we-do
About the role
We are looking for an individual with significant experience of working at an organization -wide level to lead the implementation of ambitious and strategic projects, ideally related to child safeguarding in sport environment. Tdh recognizes that sports give children the opportunity to have fun and to develop self-esteem, confidence, leadership and teamwork skills and play a valuable role in the well-being of children. However sports activities can also be, unless proper policies and procedures are implemented, a place where children are abused, excluded or taken advantage of. It is essential to ensure all actors involved in sports activities have the awareness, knowledge and capacities to ensure an adequate and protective environment for all children around sports activities.
In this regard, Tdh is launching a 4-year project on strengthening child safeguarding in the football ecosystem in Europe. As a project manager, you will be responsible to lead the interventions, in collaboration with sports partners and ensure adequate and timely implementation of all activities within the operational, thematic, communication, administrative and financial domains. You will ensure smooth and effective cooperation with a vast network of partners and stakeholders ; you will lead the development of safeguarding policies and online learning methodologies including, through highly participative approaches and feedback mechanisms; you will communicate, network and represent Tdh in your domain, you will monitor and document processes and ensure reporting to donors. You will travel to different locations within Europe, upon request.
To be successful you need to:
- Hold a Master’s level studies or equivalent university diploma in a relevant field (business administration, political sciences, international human rights law and/or related field – or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training);
- Be fluent in French and English. German skills represent an asset;
- Have proven record of at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit sector, managing child protection multi-country projects and/or socially responsible projects, using sports or related fields;
- Demonstrate skills in project cycle management, monitoring & evaluation;
- Demonstrate leadership experience in representation and networking, building strong and productive relationships among stakeholders, particularly between sports and civil society actors;
- Prove the knowledge and experience of developing learning materials and strategies, particularly online. The experience in conceptualizing child safeguarding policies will be a strong advantage;
- Be autonomous, flexible, organized and adaptive to the intercultural environment;
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: https://tdh.luceosolutions.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=1009&idpartenaire=20007
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile.
Your application must include a complete CV, with at least three references and a covering letter. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection. If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.