Start date: March / April 2020
Duration: One year fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Contract: Employment contract with Terre des hommes Foundation in Hungary (local contract)
Salary: 867,475 to 939,764 HUF Gross per month (depending on experience)
As a member of the Regional Office team and working under the technical supervision of the Finance Controller (Contrôleur de Gestion) based in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Finance and Administration Manager leads and manages all finance and administrative issues at Regional Office level. The Manager oversees managing a budget of approximately CHF 3 mio for 2020 including funds from a range of donors and with a multitude of partners.
Financial Management responsibilities:
- Co-responsibility in budget design, together with the Deputy Head of Regional Office and the Project Coordinators or other Tdh staff and presentations to the Head of Europe Region;
- Reports to and advises the Head of Europe Region and Deputy Head of Regional Office in budget management and follow-up;
- Elaborates procedures for internal financial control and verifies their enactment;
- Full responsibility in the elaboration of financial reports as per donor’s financial requirements, with the participation of the FO;
- Manage and facilitate external audits, internal control and fraud prevention;
- Delegates to the FO and Admin support team the day to day financial and accountancy follow-up, control the management of all procedures and schedules set-up;
- Undertakes surprise cash counts and reports back to Head of Region and Deputy.
Admin, Payroll and Management responsibilities:
- Uses Administrative Guidebook as a basis, verifies that the administrative and financial procedures are maintained with highest vigilance, proposes updates to Deputy and Head of Region as necessary;
- General management of Finance and Administration team, delegating daily duties and coordinating the work of the Finance and Administration team in Regional Office;
- Coordinates with the Project Team for all activities to be organized in the framework of the delegation projects;
- In charge of accurate and timely payroll;
- Defines roles and activities of the Finance and Administration team including Finance Officer, Finance Assistant, Office Assistant; participates in job interviews in case of vacancies in the Finance and Administration team in Budapest office and their training for their respective position;
- Verifies established procedures relative to inventories, procurement, vehicle maintenance and use, computer maintenance, etc. and proposes updates as necessary;
- Direct Manager of the Office Assistant for all matters related to logistics and bookings;
- Coordinates Administration team on organisation of logistics needs for events, visits, activities.
Relations with Partners and Donors:
- Local/Regional Partners’ relations: Verifies and assist in the preparation of Collaboration Agreements with partners, assuring that the financial conditions of the Collaboration Agreement respects Tdh financial regulation; Offer financial training to partners when requested;
- Donors’ relations: Assist with administrative contact with donors and acts as financial interlocutor for the Head of Europe Region and Deputy;
- Assist the Head of Europe Region and Deputy in fundraising issues and financial presentations.
Organisational Development and Strategy:
- Assists and advises the Head of Europe Region and Deputy in the definition of the programme/projects financial strategy and monitoring;
- In close coordination with the Regional Resource Mobilisation Manager, assists and advises the Head of Europe Region and Deputy in the definition of the fundraising and funding coverage strategy;
- In collaboration with the Head of Europe Region and Deputy finalise the budgets for new Tdh Projects / Donors;
- Assists the Head of Region and Deputy in the regionalisation pilot project and in on-going improvement of the internal organisation and the team structuring for better efficiency;
- Compile the Administrative and Finance reports and produce a monthly report for the Head of Europe Region and Deputy.
- 5+ years of finance management experience, preferably with an NGO;
- Experience with institutional donors required, such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UNICEF, other UN agencies;
- Extensive management experience (management, planning, executing, team leading, staff development);
- Excellent team player;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English is required, Hungarian as an asset;
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure;
- A commitment to excellence; attention to detail and a high interest in innovation (e.g. paperless accounting).
- Please send a recent CV and a short Letter of Motivation to the email below.
- Send all documents (in English) to email@example.com
- Please include “Finance and Admin Manager” in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications: Monday 9 March 2020 COB however please note that applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis throughout the recruitment period, so early applications are encouraged.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
Tdh (including staff members, contractors, consultants) are committed to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy. Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.